Duluth Area Family YMCA
Woodland Community Center Part Time Housekeeper - Duluth
|Active since||16-11-2016||Job category||Cleaning / Home Care|
|Location||Duluth||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
|Hours||6 - 15||Salary||$11.00/hr|
Provide a welcoming atmosphere for Y members and guests through general cleaning duties including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, laundry, snow removal, and other tasks.
Position Schedule: Mon/Wed/Fri, up to 15hrs. per week
1. Ensures Woodland Community Center is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
3. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
4. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
5. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
• Related experience preferred
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
• Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
• Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cleaning / Home Care
|Industry / Industries||
Government / Non-profit
|Keywords||housekeeper, cleaning, maintenance|