Duluth Area Family YMCA
Swim Instructor - Duluth
|Active since||04-05-2016||Job category||Hospitality / Tourism / Recreat...|
|Location||Duluth||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK BETWEEN 5AM-2PM
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF SWIM INSTRUCTOR
1. Instructs swimming lessons, having prepared lesson plans accordingly. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
2. Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers students and parents to other programs.
3. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
4. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
5. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
1. Certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid or obtain within 30 days of employment.
2. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
3. YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent preferred or Obtain YMCA Swim Instructor certification within 6 months through the YMCA.
4. At least 16 years of age.
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
• Ability to safely traverse pool deck.
• Ability to swim the length and depth of the pool.
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
Scheduling:Open positions for morning and day shifts.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hospitality / Tourism / Recreation
|Industry / Industries||
Hospitality / Recreation / Travel
|Keywords||lifeguard, YMCA, aquatics, swim instructor|