Duluth Area Family YMCA
Little Treasures Early Childhood Teacher Assistant - Duluth
|Active since||15-12-2016||Job category||Education / Coaching / Trainers|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
To assist teachers in providing a warm, nurturing, safe, and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected.To be aware of Teacher’s curriculum and daily plans and to assist in carrying these out, along with daily tasks necessary to the functioning of the classroom.
To maintain friendly communication with parents and other caregivers.
1. To interact, initiate and encourage the children in classroom activities during the day.
2. To play and interact with children and to assist them in regulating their emotions and growing socially/emotionally.
3. To treat all children, staff, and families with dignity and respect.
4. To keep consistent daily routines and interactions with children.
5. To interact with the children on their level and to encourage their involvement in activities.
6. To promote integral learning during meal times, to help the children learn good social skills.
7. To maintain good communication with parents and to make each parent feel at ease at the Center.
8. To maintain the confidentiality of children, parents, staff, and the program.
9. To assist the teacher in implementing activities for the group.
10. To develop a cooperative and supportive attitude in each classroom.
11. To assist teacher with record keeping duties.
12. To participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional growth and to meet minimum training requirements for each year.
13. To maintain current information on classroom routines, regulations, and any individual plans for children.
14. To follow Little Treasures’ Behavior Guidance Policies and other procedures/plans in place when working with children.
15. To work cooperatively with teachers to implement individual plans for children.
16. To be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the conditions of the classroom on an ongoing basis.
17. To assist with the daily operations of a classroom, including completing children’s Daily Reports, Accident Reports, diaper changes, minimal food prep, and various cleaning duties.
18. Abide by current Little Treasures’ safety regulations as defined by OSHA, Fire Department, Rule 3 and other regulatory agencies.
19. To abide by the legal statutes regarding Mandatory Reporting in situations of abuse.
20. To promote the Little Treasures’ philosophy and mission.
21. Other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Meet licensing requirements for Aide/Assistant according to Rule 3
• Complete a background check as required by licensing guidelines.
• Meet minimum training hours for each year as defined by Rule 3.
• Have the ability to hear the conversational voice with or without a hearing aid, the ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances, the ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, and the ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet with or without corrective devices to accomplish the job, including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
• Ability to use appropriate and positive discipline/redirection with children.
• Ability to handle crises, problem solve, make judgments or decisions appropriately and quickly as needed to ensure the well-being and safety of clients, staff and facility.
• An understanding of and commitment to the fundamental principles of Little Treasures’ mission
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation and training.
Education / Coaching / Trainers
|Industry / Industries||
Government / Non-profit
|Keywords||early childhood, teacher, education|