Duluth Area Family YMCA
Light and Low Instructor- Gary New Duluth Recreation Center - Yes
|Active since||12-01-2017||Job category||Sport|
|Location||Yes||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
|Hours||0||Salary||Varies upon experience|
Instructs group classes, provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Mondays and Wednesdays 9am
1. Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
2. Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
3. Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA
4. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
5. Keeps accurate class attendance records.
6. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, National certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification.
2. 1 year in similar position
Certification in area(s) of expertise.
1. Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness.
2. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation and training.
|Industry / Industries||
Government / Non-profit
|Keywords||fitness, wellness, instructor|