Duluth Area Family YMCA
Lifeguard - Duluth
|Active since||16-02-2016||Job category||Sport|
|Location||Duluth||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
|Hours||0||Salary||$9/hr and up|
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF LIFEGUARD:
1. Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
5. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
6. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
7. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
8. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
9. Maintain current certifications.
10. Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Minimum age of 16
2. Certifications: CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid, and Oxygen (preferred)
3. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
4. Successful completion of the Duluth Y’s Lifeguard Assessment prior to employment.
1. Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
2. Must be able to remain alert.
3. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
4. Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
5. Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
6. Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
7. Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
|Industry / Industries||
Hospitality / Recreation / Travel
|Keywords||lifeguard, YMCA, aquatics|