Duluth Area Family YMCA
Kids Club Youth Development Attendant - Duluth
|Active since||13-04-2015||Job category||Health care - Children (day car...|
|Educational level||Vocational / Diploma / As...||Employment type||-|
Provides a safe and high quality experience for children that focuses on the YMCA core values.
1. Implements programming within the established guidelines.
2. Supervises the children in Kid’s Club, birthday parties and youth center.
3. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
4. Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
5. Maintains program site and equipment.
6. Maintains required program records.
7. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
8. Birthday parties are Wednesday and Friday evenings 6-8pm and Saturday and Sundays from 12pm-7:30pm. Must also be able to help out in Kid’s Club child care as well.
1. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
2. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
3. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
4. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
5. Preferred: College education in progress or possess a degree.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Health care - Children (day care)
|Industry / Industries||
Government / Non-profit
|Keywords||general, any, open|