Duluth Area Family YMCA
Clerical Specialist - Duluth
|Active since||12-01-2017||Job category||Secretarial / Office Management...|
|Location||Duluth||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
|Hours||20 - 25||Salary||-|
Postition Scheduling: M-F Flexible 20-25 hours/wk
1. Provide general clerical support to Mentor Duluth and Community Services branch
2. Process all Mentor Duluth paperwork including entering data into databases and filing paperwork
3. Maintain inventory and manage purchasing of office supplies
4. Stock program paperwork (copying, collating)
5. Help with office equipment maintenance
6. Assist in preparation for meetings
7. Process bulk mailings
Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance. Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in the technology associated with the job.
Values - Consistently demonstrates the Y’s values. Shows a genuine concern for the needs, feelings, and well-being of others, even under stress. Acts with integrity and credibility in all situations.
Communication - Listens actively by asking open-ended questions. Verifies understanding of others’ perspectives by reflecting and summarizing what is heard. Uses appropriate communication methods or styles to ensure the message is understood, especially by diverse audiences. Utilizes and interprets body language to effectively communicate intended message. Writes in a clear, concise, and logical fashion to ensure understanding.
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. High school diploma.
3. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
4. Experience with web-based systems and databases
5. Knowledgeable about office processes and procedures.
6. Ability to work with integrity, discretion, exceptional quality, and a professional approach.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation and training.
Secretarial / Office Management / Personal Assistant
|Industry / Industries||
|Keywords||Mentor, clerical, secretarial|