Duluth Area Family YMCA
Camp Miller CIT/LIT Coordinator - Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lake, MN
|Active since||10-01-2017||Job category||Hospitality / Tourism / Recreat...|
|Location||Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lak...||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||Seasonal|
|Hours||0||Salary||Stipend which includes wage and...|
To further the mission of Camp Miller through the development and management of the CIT or LIT Program
• Age 21+
• 1+ year of college
• Previous experience in residential camping
• Current certification in first aid and CPR (Provided by Camp Miller If needed)
• Prior experience in the development and delivery of recreational programs
• Experience in supervising others, especially children ages 5+ and teens
Essential Job Functions:
1. Design, deliver, and evaluate camp program that meet the needs and interests of youth and the camp’s target markets to ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
• Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth and apply them in the camp setting.
• Seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
• Implement crisis and risk management procedures established by the residential camp.
• Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
2. Oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the counselor in training program
• Work with each CIT/LIT on an individual basis to set goals, monitor progress toward achieving those goals and facilitate individual and group supervision sessions
• Establish (with the help of other administrative staff) the expectations for the CIT/LITs and assist in training the camp staff in working with the CIT/LITs
• Provide performance evaluations for CIT/LITs daily and a cumulative evaluation at the end of each session
• Run week long leadership programming with CIT/LITs and coordinate CIT/LITs in their leadership roles throughout their camp stay.
• Schedule placements of CIT/LITs in camper cabins during their week to be with a cabin
• Evaluate CIT/LITs in their leadership role within their cabin placement
• Write lesson plans that meet CIT/LIT Program goals – communication skills, team work, leadership, role-modeling
• Guide counselors and CIT/LITs throughout the day, approve counselor and CIT/LIT lesson plans as well as create your own
Other Job Duties:
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp programming
• Clean up of activity areas
• Coaching camp counselors in CDOS meetings
• Other duties as assigned such as kitchen assistance, cabin supervising, etc.
This job requires that you be able to communicate openly and respectfully with parents, co-workers, CIT/LITs, campers, and all staff in the camp community.
Proficiency in computer skills and related word processing and data management, knowledge of some maintenance, office and kitchen equipment as well as ability to drive camp vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Training and experience in a variety of program activities offered at the camp
• Ability to schedule and supervise staff
• Ability to schedule and supervise teenagers
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
This position would require the ability to listen to others, observe others actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hospitality / Tourism / Recreation
|Industry / Industries||
Hospitality / Recreation / Travel
|Keywords||camp, adventure, program, specialist|