Duluth Area Family YMCA
Childcare Lead- Cook County Y/Grand Marais - GRAND MARAIS
|Active since||15-12-2016||Job category||Education / Coaching / Trainers|
|Location||GRAND MARAIS||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
Provides direction for the program and implements program curriculum in licensed daycare setting. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Assists with other youth programming.
1. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
3. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive relationships and effective communication
with parents. Engages parents as volunteers.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by the county
2. At least 18 years of age
3. CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
6. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
7. Working with Google Drive
8. Previous leadership or managerial experience prferred
Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Education / Coaching / Trainers
|Industry / Industries||
Government / Non-profit
|Keywords||childcare, early education, ymca|