Duluth Area Family YMCA
Childcare Aid- Cook County/Grand Marais - GRAND MARAIS
|Active since||15-12-2016||Job category||Health care - Children (day car...|
|Location||GRAND MARAIS||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||-|
Provides leadership, instruction, and supervision to participants ages 6 months-36 months
1. Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
2. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
3. Act as role model for youth. Promotes and incorporates the YMCA four core values and character development
4. Carry out lesson plans in activities which support cognitive, emotional, social, moral, and physical development in young children
5. Assist with daily routines such as pottying, changing, napping, eating, hygiene, etc.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. At least 18 years of age
2. Experience with children ages 6-36 months
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
Health care - Children (day care)
|Industry / Industries||
Education / Training
|Keywords||YMCA, childcare, early childhood|