Duluth Area Family YMCA
Camp Miller Summer Food Service Manager - Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lake, MN
|Active since||10-01-2017||Job category||Hospitality / Tourism / Recreat...|
|Location||Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lak...||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||Seasonal|
|Hours||0||Salary||Based on Experience|
• Minimum age of 21
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in working in food service preparation and delivery
• Must be certified in First-Aid/CPR or willing to become certified (camp can help provide)
• Food Safe Certification by the county Public Health Department or the ability to obtain the certification.
• Effective verbal communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Ability and desire to work with camp staff and other young people
• Ability to work within a diverse group
• Prior experience working in camp food service
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience managing a kitchen to include supervision or work direction to kitchen staff
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment operation
• Post-secondary education in nutrition
• Dedication to the philosophy and mission of the YMCA Camping programs
• Develops menu plans which support healthy, nutritious meals for campers, groups and participants within the established budget.
• Maintains an appropriate inventory of food supplies working with food providers to ensure quality of food supplies. Provides menu options for a wide variety of dietary needs and restrictions.
• Prepares or oversees the preparation and delivery of meals.
• Develops and enforces safety and cleanliness protocols.
• Hires, trains, and schedules kitchen staff to meet camping needs.
• Maintains positive relationships with campers, staff and volunteers which support the camping vision.
Other Job Duties:
- Attend administrative staff meetings
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff
- Be able to fill in for or find a replacement should a kitchen staff member not show up for scheduled shift
The Summer Food Service Manager will have direct working relationship with the Resident Camp Director, Lead Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Dishwashers. The Summer Food Service Manager will also work closely with the Adventure Director to coordinate Tripping Program Food Needs, and other camp programming staff as needed.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies. (The incumbent utilizes equipment which can be potentially dangerous to include knives, ovens, meat slicers, mixers, broilers, and cleaning chemicals.)
• Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hospitality / Tourism / Recreation
|Industry / Industries||
Hospitality / Recreation / Travel
|Keywords||camp, adventure, food service, specialist|