Duluth Area Family YMCA
Camp Miller Leasdership Director - Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lake, MN
|Active since||06-01-2017||Job category||Hospitality / Tourism / Recreat...|
|Location||Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lak...||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||Seasonal|
|Hours||0||Salary||Stipend which includes wage and...|
To further the mission of Camp Miller through the overall development and management of the CIT Program, LIT Program, and VIP program
Position Scheduling: June through August
• Age 21+
• 2 years college and or leadership experience
• Previous experience in residential camping
• Current certification in first aid and CPR
• Prior experience in the development and delivery of recreational programs
• Experience in supervising others, especially children ages 5+ and teens
• Facilitating camp ledership programs
Essential Job Functions:
1. Design, deliver, and evaluate camp programs that meet the needs and interests of youth and the camp’s target markets to ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
• Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth and apply them in the camp setting.
• Seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
• Implement crisis and risk management procedures established by the residential camp.
• Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
2. Oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the Leaders-in-Training and Counselor-in-Training Programs with the CIT and LIT Coordinators
• Guide program staff, counselors, CITs, and LITs throughout the day, approve staff lesson plans as well as create your own.
• Establish with the CIT and LIT Coordinators and Program Director the expectations for the CITs, and LITs, and assist in training the camp staff in working with these individuals
• Schedule placements of CITs, LITs in camper cabins during their time to be with a cabin
3. Oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the Volunteers-In-Progress program
• Work with each VIP on an individual basis to set goals, monitor progress toward achieving those goals and facilitate individual and group supervision sessions
• Evaluate VIPs in their leadership role within the camp setting
• Assign and supervise VIPs throughout their daily tasks around camp and offer feedback for success in various areas such as grounds, kitchen, or youth work
Other Job Duties:
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp programming
• Clean up of activity areas
• Planning and supervision of staff meetings
• Supervising camp counselors in CDOS meetings
• Check Playground Equipment daily for broken parts or any disrepair that could cause injury to campers
• Other duties as assigned such as kitchen assistance, cabin supervising, etc.
This job requires that you be able to communicate openly and respectfully with parents, co-workers, CITs, VIPs, day campers, and all staff in the camp community.
Proficiency in computer skills and related word processing and data management, knowledge of some maintenance, office and kitchen equipment as well as ability to drive camp vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Training and experience in a variety of program activities offered at the camp
• Ability to schedule and supervise staff
• Ability to schedule and supervise teenagers
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Willingness to obtain additional certifications
This position would require the ability to listen to others, observe others actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hospitality / Tourism / Recreation
|Industry / Industries||
Hospitality / Recreation / Travel
|Keywords||camp, adventure, director,|