Duluth Area Family YMCA
Camp Miller Day Camp Coordinator - Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lake, MN
|Active since||06-01-2017||Job category||Hospitality / Tourism / Recreat...|
|Location||Camp Miller, Sturgeon Lak...||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||GCSE / A-Level / Highscho...||Employment type||Seasonal|
|Hours||0||Salary||Stipend which includes wage and...|
To further the mission of Camp Miller through the development and management of the Day Camp Program
Position Scheduling: June through August
• Age 21+
• Previous experience in residential camping
• Prior experience in the development and delivery of recreational programs
• Experience in supervising others, especially children ages 5+ and teens
• Experience working with youth and or childcare
• Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR (camp will provide certification)
• Day or resident camp programming
• Preferred if staff will obtain or become Lifeguard Certified (camp will provide certification)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Design, deliver, and evaluate camp program that meet the needs and interests of youth and the camp’s target markets to ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
• Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth and apply them in the camp setting.
• Seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
• Implement crisis and risk management procedures established by the residential camp.
• Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
2. Oversee the financial management.
• Collect payments from parents when necessary and coordinate payments with Program Director and Resident Camp Director.
• Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
3. Oversee the daily operation of day camp including food service, hospitality, program, business, and health care.
• Write lesson plans that meet Day Camp Program goals – communication skills, team work, leadership, role-modeling, progressive programming.
• Oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the day camp program.
• Responsible for monitoring camper’s health, communication with the Camp nurse about health conditions of campers, monitoring camper’s eating habits.
• Professional communication between Program Director, staff, and parents.
• Responsible with checking day campers in and out with the responsible parent or guardian listed on their registration form.
• Help plan theme days, coordinate with Theme Day Specialist how day campers will be able to participate in theme days, and help coordinate evening activities when needed.
Other Job Duties:
• Clean up of activity areas.
• Participating in Day Camp Staff meetings
• Check Playground Equipment daily for broken parts or any disrepair that could cause injury to campers.
• Other duties as assigned such as kitchen assistance, cabin supervising, etc.
This job requires that you be able to communicate openly and respectfully with parents, co-workers, day campers, and all staff in the camp community.
Proficiency in computer skills and related word processing and data management, knowledge of some maintenance, office and kitchen equipment as well as ability to drive camp vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Training and experience in a variety of program activities offered at the camp.
• Ability to schedule and supervise children.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
This position would require the ability to listen to others, observe others actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hospitality / Tourism / Recreation
|Industry / Industries||
Hospitality / Recreation / Travel
|Keywords||camp, adventure, program, specialist|